Re: polite request about syntax - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: polite request about syntax
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The only person in denial is you. Here's a hard lesson about open
source: bitching gets you nothing.

YOU are not going to be taken seriously while all you do is complain.
And if you must complain, make sure the politeness is in the words, not
just the subject.

The only place timestamp is mentioned on that page is in the user
contributed part of the docs - the official docs do not contain it (one
of the reasons I hate so called interactive docs - we are held
responsible for stuff that is not in our official docs as if it were).
In any case, as Tom pointed out, making an alias for it is child's play.

If you think it would be easy to come up with a way of having function
bodies that are not strings, then we will be pleased to listen to your
constructive and detailed plan for getting there. But first I'd like to
know how you intend to do that and at the same time allow for loadable
PLs of which we might know nothing at the time Postgres is built.
(Personally I think there's a case to be made for special casing SQL and
PLPgsql function bodies so they don't have to be strings, but I'm not
sure how many people would agree with that).

have fun with oracle.

cheers

andrew