Re: Lock partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Wong
Subject Re: Lock partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> This is a server-side failure --- could we see how order_status()
>>> is defined?  What PG version are you testing exactly?
>
>> I took pgsqsl snapshot from cvs on Sept 11.  Due to the length of the
>> file that order_status() is in and of order_status() itself, here's is a
>> url for the file in the svn repository.  order_status() is defined
>> starting on line 710:
>
>> http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/osdldbt/trunk/dbt2/storedproc/pgsql/c/funcs.c?view=markup
>
> Hmph.  I think we broke something --- the error implies that some
> function tried to return a tuple that hadn't been properly "blessed",
> but I can't see that order_status or any of the other functions in that
> file are doing anything wrong.  In any case, if it used to work for you,
> we had better figure out exactly why it stopped working.
>
> I know you've posted info before on how to set up and run the dbt code,
> but could you refresh my memory?  Is there a URL somewhere with the info?

Here's a readme:
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/osdldbt/trunk/dbt2/README-POSTGRESQL?view=markup

But perhaps something much easier, using subversion:

mkdir /mnt/dbt2 # for pgdata
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/osdldbt/trunk/dbt2 dbt2
cd dbt2
./configure --with-postgresql=<pgsql_dir>
make
cd scripts/pgsql/
./build_db -g -w 1
cd ..
./run_workload -w 1 -d 120 -c 20 -n

I think that should work.  That will create a 1 warehouse database and
run a 120 second test with no-thinktimes.  That should be sufficient to
run through each transaction more than several times.

Thanks,
Mark