Re: After how many updates should a vacuum be performed? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ellen Cyran
Subject Re: After how many updates should a vacuum be performed?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Someone else was doing the vacuum that didn't complete this last time
and they started it at night so no other queries were running. I wasn't
monitoring I/O usage at the time and in the past I just always removed
the indexes and vacuumed when this happened.

This is on a Solaris server, would you suggest any additional commands
besides iostat to monitor the i/o?

Ellen