Re: scollable result sets - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Matt Chambers
Subject Re: scollable result sets
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

I read someplace that the CVS version may support it.  Unfortunately, gborg seems to be down for the past day or so.  Looking through the code, I see things like:

while (x_rset.next()) {
    x_rset.previous()
    function_that_calls_next(x_rset)
}

Is there a better way to do this?  With result pointers from other languages, like perl, python, php, I know the size of the result so I can choose the type of loop I want to use.  Is there a better way to loop through a result set and have a another function call next?

Matt

Koth, Christian (DWBI) wrote:

Matt,
no they are not broken.
But AFAIK a ScrollableResultSet with Postgres JDBC supports forward only. Try again with different settings and of course don't call previous().
If you need scroll back functionality you could use cursors.
Christian