Re: Win32 hard crash problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Win32 hard crash problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> What I've been wondering all along is whether they are using a
>>> connection pool.
>> Yes they are using a connection pool. A java based one.
>
> It's quite possible that it's the connection pool that gets confused,
> and not PostgreSQL itself.  It would be interesting if they change the
> connection setting when the "hang" next occurs, to point directly to
> PostgreSQL bypassing the connection pool.

Well except when they are connecting with Pgadmin (which wouldn't go
through the connection pool) they get the error as well.

Joshua D. Drake

> OTOH the connection pool may be the thing with the TickCounter problem.

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/