Re: Postgress memory leak with JBoss3.2.6 and large DB - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Postgress memory leak with JBoss3.2.6 and large DB
Date
List pgsql-performance
Indika Maligaspe wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>   We are running a Linux 2.4 enterprise edition box with 6GB of RAM,
> **Postgres 8.0.3**. (snippage)

You might want to consider upgrading to 8.0.8 (see below), and seeing if
the problem still persists.

> As you can see the postmaster users are taking way over the memory that
> should be taken.
>

> If any of you can give us some pointers we would really appreciate that
> and thanks in advance.

I notice that there are a number of fixes for memory leaks since 8.0.3 -
8.0.4 and 8.0.8 is where I see 'em specifically (reading release notes
for 8.0.8). So you may be experiencing an issue that is fixed in the
current 8.0 releases! I recommend upgrading to 8.0.8.

You didn't say what your HW was, but if you are on a 32-bit platform,
then a 2.4 kernel when you have >2G ram may leak noticeable amounts of
memory itself...

Cheers

Mark