Re: One step install, up and running? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris
Subject Re: One step install, up and running?
Date
List pgsql-general
timasmith@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a program which uses Postgresql as a database for persistence.
> The application uses IzPack to install.
>
> Ideally I would like to also install Postgresql in the same wizard
> conversation, plus get it up and running as a windows service (or
> daemon on 'nix).
>
> Is all of that possible - has anyone done it?

Here's how to do a silent installer with windows:

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/silent.html

A 'silent' / automatic install could be done on linux boxes using the
packages (rpm, deb, whatever).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/