Re: Thought provoking piece on NetBSD - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Thought provoking piece on NetBSD
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

>> On the other hand, we do suffer from the locked project problem (the
>> recent recursive query debacle is a perfect example).
>
> Yep, but fortunately this problem doesn't happen to us often.

I think this might happen more then you think. I ran into it with Alvaro
just a couple of days ago. I brought up 3/4 items I thought he might be
interested in working on for 8.3.

The immediate response was well that is such a person's or that a person's.

Now, all we have to do is actually communicate ;) to make sure that we
move forward to eliminate the lock and we will. However it does point to
the fact that not everyone is going to take that extra step, some are
going to assume that it is being worked on.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/