Re: jdbc3, pg 8.1.4 , and stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Matt Chambers
Subject Re: jdbc3, pg 8.1.4 , and stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thanks for response.

Do you happen to know what 'Malformed function or procedure escape
syntax at offset 4' means?  That might get me going in the right
direction.

I will see what I can do about a code example..  There are a couple
layers of abstraction and some casting I would want to put into the
example.  One thing I noticed was that when using the 7.4 driver, while
it did work, would say "idle in transaction" next to the process.

Also, what I said about every stored procedure, turns out that is
false.  It seems the ones that don't work are the ones that return
cursors.  That code looks something like this.  Looks like its
abstracted to handle normal queries and stored procedure calls.
ob_is_call is set to true if they are calling a stored procedure, false
if its a normal query.  The SQLCleaner handles close() stuff.

    public Tresult query ( PreparedStatement x_stmt, Tparam x_param )
throws SQLException {
        ResultSet x_rset = null;
        if ( ob_is_call ) {
            ((CallableStatement) x_stmt).registerOutParameter( 1,
Types.OTHER );
            x_stmt.setObject ( 2, x_param );
            x_stmt.execute ();
            x_rset = (ResultSet) ((CallableStatement) x_stmt).getObject(1);
        } else {
            x_stmt.setObject ( 1, x_param );
            x_rset = x_stmt.executeQuery ();
        }
        try {
            return handle ( x_rset );
        } finally {
            SqlCleaner.cleanUpSqlSession ( x_rset );
        }
    }

-Matt