Re: TODO Request - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: TODO Request
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Can we get:
>
>> Multiple table indexes (for uniqueness across partitions for example)
>> Auto creations of partitions
>> Hash partitioning
>> Key partitioning
>> Sub partitioning
>
>> Added to the TODO list?
>
> Perhaps a certain amount of specificity as to what these mean,
> and why we need them, would be appropriate.

Further on this is an additional reference:

http://www.psoug.org/reference/partitions.html

We should also probably add:

Allow planner to correctly use indexes on min/max across partitions

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/