Re: share library version problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryan White
Subject Re: share library version problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> If the Fedora 5 RPMs won't install on your FC4 machine, grab the FC5
> SRPM and do a quick rpmbuild --rebuild to make custom RPMs for your
> environment.
After about 5 minutes of compiling I get this:
======
pg_regress: initdb failed
Examine ./log/initdb.log for the reason.

make: *** [check] Error 2

RPM build errors:
====== /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-8.1.4/
                         src/test/regress/log/initdb.log
Running in noclean mode.  Mistakes will not be cleaned up.
initdb: cannot be run as root
Please log in (using, e.g., "su") as the (unprivileged) user that will
own the server process.

--
Bryan White, ArcaMax Publishing Inc.