Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>> Have you tried to use debbugs?  I agree with Greg Stark that it's a
>> better fit for our current procedure, while enabling better
>> traceability.
>>

> The principal strike against debbugs seems to be that the source code is
> not readily available and/or isn't updated regularly.  If we could get
> current sources we'd probably end up maintaining our own fork ... OTOH,
> given all the enthusiasm being expressed in this thread, somebody would
> volunteer to do that no?
>
> Other than that not-small problem, I agree that debbugs seems like an
> excellent fit to our existing habits.

Well, the enthusiasm was for use, not for maintaining a fork :-)

I had a brief look at the code (literally less than 5 minutes). The good
news is that it is admirably small. A fork isn't a bad idea, though,
especially as a pgfoundry project. I can think of several excellent
candidates for such a project (no names, no pack drill) ;-)

I should mention that it's a perl app.

cheers

andrew