Re: SQL query never ends - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: SQL query never ends
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
James Im wrote:
> I'm experimenting a random problem on my PC. Sometimes a sql query
> executed with Statement never returns.

> simple execute,
> handler=org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement$StatementResultHandler@996cca,
>
> maxRows=0, fetchSize=0, flags=17
> FE=> Parse(stmt=null,query="i've remove the select query",oids={})
> FE=> Bind(stmt=null,portal=null)
> FE=> Describe(portal=null)
> FE=> Execute(portal=null,limit=0)
> FE=> Sync
>
> .. and nothing else. No "<=BE ..." follow the " FE=> Sync" log entry.

This seems normal enough. What is logged immediately before before this?

Can you capture the network traffic between the server and JDBC driver?
If it's a concurrency issue we should see something at the connection
level. I'm not familiar with what windows tools are available to take
network captures (in the unix world I'd use tcpdump/snoop/ethereal), but
if you manage to get something in a format that ethereal will read, send
me the raw capture off-list and I'll take a look.

> I've also tried to put "stmt.setQueryTimeout(3);" but it doesn't seem to
> do anything.

setQueryTimeout() is a no-op in the current driver.

-O