Re: proposal for 8.3: Simultaneous assignment for PL/pgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: proposal for 8.3: Simultaneous assignment for PL/pgSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> I concur with the other comment that plpgql is intended to mimic
> Oracle PL/SQL, not SQL/PSM.  If we try to follow two different leads
> we are likely to find ourselves with a mess.

Well, the proposed functionality would be extremely useful in making
PL/pgSQL a more robust language.   So can we find a syntax that is
unambiguously assignment?  To be honest, I'm unclear on what's wrong
with Pavel's suggested syntax.

--Josh