psql: absolutes and toggles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject psql: absolutes and toggles
Date
List pgsql-general
We create psql scripts that can be used at various times by various
users. I have been unable to find how to absolutely set various options
(timing, expanded, etc.) rather than toggle them.

The --no-psqlrc option provides a partial workaround - as long as the
user remembers to include it and as long as they are only running the
one script. But if they forget or if they are already running a session
there is no telling what settings have been toggled by previously run
scripts or the users themselves.

So...have I overlooked an interactive psql option that will let me reset
all options to "factory-defaults" or a method of specifying an absolute
setting to the various options?

If not, do psql users out there feel this is worth a feature request?

Cheers,
Steve