Re: 8.2 features status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 8.2 features status
Date
Re: 8.2 features status -- Please Take the PR discussion to Advocacy List!
List pgsql-hackers
>>> "Ok, maybe postgres gets usable finally by supporting features that
>>> MySQL had for a long time...." a MySql guy would say.
>> I have the same feeling about the term "usability". It could
>> be interpreted like :  PostgreSQL was not usable until now.
>
> _improved_ usability

I still don't like it. Usability is an opinion based thing. Personally I
find MySQL confusing and illogical. However I know many people love it
for that very same reason.

I think we should drop the term usability as a selling part of the PR
and push it into further description.. Instead we should use a slightly
more expensive word (think 50 cents, not 5). :)

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/