Re: 8.2 features status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 8.2 features status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >> I have the same feeling about the term "usability". It could
> >> be interpreted like :  PostgreSQL was not usable until now.
> >
> > _improved_ usability
>
> I still don't like it. Usability is an opinion based thing. Personally I
> find MySQL confusing and illogical. However I know many people love it
> for that very same reason.
>
> I think we should drop the term usability as a selling part of the PR
> and push it into further description.. Instead we should use a slightly
> more expensive word (think 50 cents, not 5). :)

Fine, I am all ears.  Also, a lot of people are thinking usability
improvements aren't a big item, but they are.  I had a press person ask
during the 8.0 release, "You have a lot of large features in 8.0, but
what is there for the ordinary database user?".  At that time all we had
was COPY CSV.  This release will have a lot of those usability
improvements.