Re: Values list-of-targetlists patch for comments (was Re: - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Values list-of-targetlists patch for comments (was Re:
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

> I wonder whether there is any reasonable way to determine which data
> structures are responsible for how much space ... in my test I'm seeing
>
> MessageContext: 822075440 total in 104 blocks; 4510280 free (1 chunks); 817565160 used
> ExecutorState: 8024624 total in 3 blocks; 20592 free (12 chunks); 8004032 used
>
> so it seems mostly not the executor's fault, but that's not much to go
> on.

I was doing it by sprinkling MemoryContextStats() in various places.
I'll spend some time again later today and see if I can narrow it down
to specific data structures using that. It shouldn't be too hard -- the
patch I sent last night only pfrees a few structures, and they represent
the bulk of what we need to clean up.

Joe