pg_xlog not cleaned up - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Kastner
Subject pg_xlog not cleaned up
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I don't know why, but the XXXXXXXX.backup file created by
pg_stop_backup() in my pg_xlog never gets deleted, even though it was
successfully archived (a good copy is stored in the archive area, no
errors are raised).
The directory pg_xlog/archive_status contains a matching
XXXXXXXX.backup.done file, but that one never gets removed as well. As a
consequence, all further WAL archiving attempts fail as archive_command
continuously retries to archive the (already archived) XXXXXXXX.backup file.

I'd appreciate any hints on what might be going on!

Chris

--
Christian Kastner
PGP Key: AE90E13f