Re: Triggers in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: Triggers in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> Hi,
> Was wondering if one can write triggers with SQL statements as we have
> in other RDBMS like SQL Server and oracle.

What would such a trigger "in SQL statements" look like?
SQL Server has Triggers in Transact-SQL, which is just something
like a pl/language.

> Can these be written in procedural languages only?
> Please put some insight on what needs to be known before working with
> triggers in postgres.

You should probably try it when you read all manuals :-)
pl/sql is very close to pure SQL, so if you manage to write
your trigger with it - why not? :-)

What should your trigger do btw?

Regards
Tino