Re: Time to scale up? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: Time to scale up?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Which version of Replication do we throw in here?

IMHO, the current players should be encouraged create a joint portfolio
that makes sense. This goes for other projects as well. A qualified
community jury would have the final vote. Today there is very little
incentive to join forces and in many cases that's bad both for the
add-ons and for the PostgreSQL image as a whole.

We should strive to establish a distribution containing no ambiguities
and the process that we put in place should establish incentives to make
that happen. The 'specialized teams' that I mentioned in my original
suggestion are intended to do this.

I also think that we need more conferences to break the ice and make
such merges happen.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren