Re: Making config file parser available to add-ins - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Making config file parser available to add-ins
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Marc Munro wrote:
>
>> I want Veil (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/veil/) to be able to read
>> configuration details from a configuration file.
>>

> What kind of details?  By the time any server-side module is loaded, the
> configuration file has already been read, so why would you need to read
> it again?

We already have a mechanism to allow custom config sets in
postgresql.conf. It's used by pl/java and pl/perl, for example. It
probably needs better documentation.

If you want to use another config file then your module probably should
use its own parser.

cheers

andrew