Re: Problem getting postmaster PID in pg_regress - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric E
Subject Re: Problem getting postmaster PID in pg_regress
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry - that semicolon is an artifact of a change I made - I attempted
to put
postmaster_pid=$! inside the executing statement, but as I discovered,
if you put it before last &, you
get the backgrounded process before postmaster.

I'm presently checking out how the SLES init scripts work, but any
thoughts would be very welcome.

Thanks,

EE