Re: Transaction Speed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: Transaction Speed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
moises wrote:
> Can any body talk me how many transactions make postgres in a second?

It depends on many things
1) speed of hardware/OS/number of disks/type of disks, if you use RAID
or not ...
2) number concurrent access
3) size of processed data in one transaction
4) database model

It not possible determine. You must take some machine and perform some
own test.

> I’m very interesting in this data, because I want to use postgres for a
> real time database for process control.

I'm not sure if postgres is good database for real time application. You
need know maximal response time for realtime application and I afraid
that postgres is not good choice for RTA. (MySQL, Firebird, Oracle ...
have same limitation ...)

Zdenek