Re: pg_regress breaks on msys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_regress breaks on msys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> We used to pass these values almost same way when we first did initdb in
>> C, and I don't recall any such problems. We had:
>>

>> override CPPFLAGS := -DPGBINDIR=\"$(*bindir*)\" -DPGDATADIR=\"$(*datadir*)\" -DFRONTEND -I$(*libpq_srcdir*)
$(*CPPFLAGS*)

> That seems a bit interesting.  What are the stars for?  I don't see
> anything about a syntax like that in my gmake documentation.

The stars are from my MUA not handling C&P from formatted text as well
as it should in text mode. It should have read:

override CPPFLAGS := -DPGBINDIR=\"$(bindir)\" -DPGDATADIR=\"$(datadir)\" -DFRONTEND -I$(libpq_srcdir) $(CPPFLAGS)

cheers

andrew