Re: Kill a session - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Markus Schaber
Subject Re: Kill a session
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi, Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:
> Our expectation is that all or at least most queries should respond to
> SIGINT or SIGTERM interrupts pretty rapidly, say on a less-than-a-second
> timescale.  However there are various loops in the backend that fail to
> execute CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS sufficiently often :-(.

The same is true for user-defined C funtions.

The PostGIS GEOS geometry functions come to mind, for complex
geometries, they can need hours to complete. And as GEOS is a 3rd-Party
library, I don't see an easy way to make them CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS.

Does anybody know how this is for plpgsql, pljava and plpython?

HTH,
Markus