Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> No matter what we want people to do, if someone wants PostgreSQL, they
> go to PostgreSQL's site, download PostgreSQL, and install PostgreSQL.
> The fact is, most people generally don't read the, "don't see it in
> the distribution, check out pgfoundry"-like text.  Sure, people should
> read the docs, but most don't until they have to (which is long after
> getting the software).  Do we even have anything in the actual manual
> that talks about gborg or pgfoundry?

Ahh no.

Most people who want PostgreSQL use the version supplied by their
vendor, unless it is Win32 in which case they download the installer
from PgFoundry.

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/