Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I'm being objective here, and PL/J is not nearly as stable or
>> well-maintained... that means a lot to me or to anyone who looks at
>> using a Java PL.
> Doesn't EDB sponsor pl/java ? I would think that might make you somewhat
> subjective ?

Dave,

I don't think so in this situation. It is in EDB's best interest to
sponsor the product that works best for them. Right now (maybe not for
everyone) that is clearly pl/java.

> That being said, pl-j is not as mature as pl/java, however I don't
> believe that is a valid reason for exclusion.
> Open source projects by their nature gain maturity by exposure.

It is a valid reason if it is going to be in core.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/