Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Snowman,

> Uhh..  Let's not go overboard here on exactly what Debian has done with
> Sun's JVM.  Technically, Sun's JVM is *not* part of Debian.  The license
> is (and even this is hotly debated...) acceptable enough for Debian's
> ftp-masters to allow the Sun JVM to be distributed off Debian servers as
> part of the 'non-free' archive.  This *certainly* doesn't make it
> OSS-compatible by any stretch (it isn't) and it's not acceptable for
> inclusion in Debian proper.

I think I can tell which side of the debate you were on.

> I'm actually rather upset to see Sun making such blatently incorrect
> statements.  Josh, I truely hope that you weren't actually involved in
> the Sun JVM-in-Debian work and so were unaware of the very important
> distinction between "Distributed by Debian" and "in Debian/main".

Keep your pants on, geez.  I'm actually rather appalled that you could
get so unjustifiably bent out of shape at me *after* we met.  Goes to
show you that not everything is improved by personal acquaintance.

Let's get some stuff clear:

1) I do not speak for Sun execept on specific occasions arranged by Sun
PR.  Not ever.

2) If you re-read my message, it says:
... (it's now available for Debian, for example) ...
not ANYTHING about main or distributed or non-free or whatever.

So, I think you owe me an apology.

--Josh