Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project?
Date
Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project?  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project?  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chris.kings-lynne@calorieking.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Folks,

For the code sprint, I'm starting off by removing the projects from
contrib which need to be removed by still have some usefulness.  I'm not
exactly sure what to do with adddepends, though.   It seems unlike to
lead an independant existance on pgFoundry; I'm inclined to just nuke it.

For those of you who don't want to hunt through the archives, the
reasons we're removing adddepends are:

1) Rod Taylor is not interested in maintaining it anymore;
2) It currently throws errors on 8.2 (and probably earlier);
3) With KL's improvements to pg_dump for 8.0, about half of its
functionality is no longer necessary.

So, speak up if someone thinks there's some reason to save adddepends
anywhere other than the CVS and FTP archives.

--Josh Berkus