Re: how to tune this query. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Nolan Cafferky
Subject Re: how to tune this query.
Date
List pgsql-performance
I don't think indexes are going to help you here - with the FULL OUTER
JOINs, the query will have to look at and include each row from each
table you query from anyway, so it's going to choose sequential scans.
In addition, some of the lower join conditions are going to take forever.

What's is your goal?  The volume of data that I imagine this query would
produce can't possibly be useful. I'm guessing at the very least you'll
want to LEFT OUTER JOIN everything back against STG_Property, and leave
the other join conditions out of each ON statement.

--

Nolan Cafferky
Software Developer