Re: regresssion script hole - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: regresssion script hole
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>>Why are we actually looking up anything? Just so we can bind to a
>>listening socket?
>>
>>Anyway, maybe the box needs a lookup line in its /etc/resolv.conf to
>>direct it to use files first, something like
>>
>> lookup file bind
>>
>>Stefan, can you look into that? It would be a bit ugly if it's calling
>>DNS (and failing) to resolve localhost.
>>

>no - resolving localhost works fine (both using /etc/hosts and through
>the dns-resolver) - and I infact verified that when we initially started
>to investigate that issue a while ago :-)

Why are we looking up 'kaltenbrunner.cc' at all then? In any case, can
we just try with that resolver line?

The question isn't whether is succeeds, it's how long it takes to
succeed. When I increased the pg_regress timeout it actually went
through the whole regression test happily. I suspect we have 2 things
eating up the 60s timeout here: loading the timezone db and resolving
whatever it is we are trying to resolve.

cheers

andrew