Re: [ADMIN] How to set the global OID counter? COPY WITH OIDS does - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dirk Lutzebäck
Subject Re: [ADMIN] How to set the global OID counter? COPY WITH OIDS does
Date
List pgsql-general
This is not a large object. We are seeing rows with duplicate oids because the OID counter is not changed after the dump (exported with --oids) is being loaded.
How does 8.1 prevent to allocate duplicate OIDs?

Regards,

Dirk

Tom Lane wrote:
Dirk Lutzebäck wrote:
how can one set the global OID counter in 8.1.X? We think it would work
in 8.0.X using the COPY WITH OIDS command but this does not work in
8.1.X anymore.

pg_resetxlog -o
(Postmaster stopped of course)
Possibly more to the point: why do you think you need to mess with the
counter?  8.1 is smart enough not to assign conflicting OIDs to large
objects.
		regards, tom lane