Re: Checking max_stack_depth automatically - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Checking max_stack_depth automatically
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I have just realized that getrlimit(RLIMIT_STACK) is a pretty widely
> available syscall --- it's specified by the Single Unix Spec and the
> man pages claim it works on all the platforms I have handy to check.
> I propose that we make use of this call where available to prevent
> people from setting max_stack_depth larger than, say, the current
> stack rlimit less half a megabyte.

I've committed changes along this line, and am now wondering whether
there isn't some equivalent to getrlimit(RLIMIT_STACK) on Windows
(I somehow doubt that the syscall exists as such ;-)).  If someone
can provide a patch to postgres.c's new get_stack_depth_rlimit()
function, please do.