Re: Pgsql (and mysql) benchmark on T2000/Solaris and some - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jignesh K. Shah
Subject Re: Pgsql (and mysql) benchmark on T2000/Solaris and some
Date
Re: Pgsql (and mysql) benchmark on T2000/Solaris and some
List pgsql-performance
Hi Arjen,

Looking at your outputs...of syscall and usrcall it looks like

* Spending too much time in semsys .... which means you have too many
connections and they are contending to get a lock.. which is potentially
the WAL log lock

* llseek is high which means you can obviously gain a bit with the right
file system/files tuning by caching them right.

Have you set the values for Solaris for T2000 tuned for Postgresql?

Check out the tunables from the following URL

http://www.sun.com/servers/coolthreads/tnb/applications_postgresql.jsp

Try specially the /etc/system and postgresql.conf changes  and see if it
changes/improves your performance.

Regards,
Jignesh