Re: reindex and copy - deadlock? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: reindex and copy - deadlock?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Litao Wu <litaowu@yahoo.com> writes:
> I will use gdb next time. What's this right way to
> get info as postgres owner?

    $ gdb /path/to/postgres
    gdb> attach PID-of-backend-process
    gdb> bt
    gdb> quit

You might try this for practice on any idle backend; it shouldn't affect
the state of the backend, except for freezing it while you issue the
commands.

If "bt" gives you just a list of numbers and no symbolic information,
then it won't be much help; you'll need to rebuild the backend with
debugging information so that we can make some sense of the trace.

            regards, tom lane