Re: BEGIN inside transaction should be an error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: BEGIN inside transaction should be an error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> We could, but it'd probably break about as many apps as it fixed.
> I wonder whether php shouldn't be complaining about this, instead
> --- doesn't php have its own ideas about controlling where the
> transaction commit points are?

All PHP does is when the connection is returned to the pool, if it is
still in a transaction, a rollback is issued.

The guy needs to do his own tracking of transaction state if he wants to
avoid these problems...

Chris