Re: plperl and pltcl installcheck targets - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plperl and pltcl installcheck targets
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Is it worth rearranging things for plpython so that it follows the same
> test layout as the other 2 (i.e. a test subdir with all the test files
> and a script called runtest that does the work)? Especially if we bring
> in other PLs as has been discussed, some standard might be useful.

Actually, we have a standard: it's pg_regress.  The right thing for
someone to do is migrate all these tests into the form already used
for the main backend and all of contrib.

I think this would require a small addition to the pg_regress script
to make it configurable as to which PL to install, instead of always
installing plpgsql, but that seems like a reasonable thing to do.

            regards, tom lane