Need a help - Performance issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dhanaraj M
Subject Need a help - Performance issues
Date
Re: Need a help - Performance issues
List pgsql-hackers
I am currently looking at some performance issues. Our product uses the postgres as the backend
and it uses a huge storage space.

Is there a script available, which does the following:

1. When you point it to a postgres installation, -> 1.the script first    identifies what platform
(solaris-sparc/solarisx86/ Niagara) it is   running on,

2. walks through all known tuning parameters (in /etc/system and   postgresql.conf) on the system
3. lists out what parameters are optimal/suboptimal for that   platform, and makes recommendations.
4. identifies when the last vaccumdb /fullvacuum (and other such   database health maintenance commands) were run
5. comments about the growth of certain tables/databases

If any body has the scripts or can give some links which could be useful for our group.

Thanks
Dhanaraj