Re: error messages (autovaccum canceled and syntax errors) whileloading a DUMP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: error messages (autovaccum canceled and syntax errors) whileloading a DUMP
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/27/20 10:52 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Samstag, Juni 27, 2020 a las 07:21:21 -0700, Adrian Klaver escribió:
>
>>> 2020-06-27 10:23:02.631 CEST [18302] ERROR:  canceling autovacuum task
>>> 2020-06-27 10:23:02.631 CEST [18302] CONTEXT:  automatic analyze of table "testdump.public.idm_tasktab"
>>>
>>  From what I understand they are occurring because the machine is to busy
>> doing the restore to get to the autovacuum task in a timely manner. So I
>> would say ignore and check back later to see that the autovacuum is working.
>> Given that it is ANALYZE that is being cancelled I would run a manual
>> ANALYZE after the restore is done to update the database statistics.
>
> The machine is a development server and no one was working on it (today
> is Saturday) apart of me. It has 4 modern and fast CPU,
>
> Running ANALYZE VERBOSE does not give any unusual output. Only for each
> table lines like:

I would not expect that it would. The purpose for running it was to make
sure the statistics for the tables in the database where up to date.

> INFO:  analyzing "public.z39t_term"
> INFO:  "z39t_term": scanned 2 of 2 pages, containing 135 live rows and 0 dead rows; 135 rows in sample, 135 estimated
totalrows

> INFO:  analyzing "public.z39t_trunc"
> INFO:  "z39t_trunc": scanned 1 of 1 pages, containing 135 live rows and 0 dead rows; 135 rows in sample, 135
estimatedtotal rows

> How could I check that the autovacuum is working?

Two ways:

1) Look in the logs for autovacuum lines.

2) Query the pg_stat_all_tables view.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/monitoring-stats.html#PG-STAT-ALL-TABLES-VIEW

--
Adrian Klaver