Re: How to find current running process - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Steve Burrows
Subject Re: How to find current running process
Date
List pgsql-admin
Got to echo this sentiment. I started using Postgresql commercially with version 6.5.  I used Postgresql 7.1 from its release until earlier this year when it ate my data warehouse! Didn't upgrade because the solution was stable for several years then the whole thing blew up with the wraparound problem. I had to work very hard and was very lucky to recover it all. Please upgrade ASAP, it will be unpleasant, you may have to adjust code in some applications because of syntax changes etc., but that's a lot cheaper than losing your data.

Steve

Tom Lane wrote:
"Shivaji S" <s.shivaji@rediffmail.com> writes:
tom thanks for the input ,but the below queries doesn't support for my post=
gres version 7.1.1
7.1.1?  Egad.  Update to something remotely modern, before it eats
your data.  The list of bugs fixed since then would curl your toes.
See for yourself:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/release.html

              http://archives.postgresql.org