Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> How about adding a column to pg_am indicating "these indexes must always
> keep same tuple count as heap".  This would be true for all current AMs,
> false for GIN.

Yes, it's simplest solution, but it doesn't check of index consistency.

Possible, we can count number of itempointers to heap tuple during build/insert,
and during bulkdelete we count number of deleted and leaved itempointers. So,

N[before bulkdelete] == N[after bulkdelete] + N[deleted]

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/