Re: Cascade constraint renames? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Cascade constraint renames?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hannes Dorbath wrote:
> How to rename PK constraints that are referenced in various tables,
> without dropping down the entire dependency tree and recreate everything
> (at least all FKs) afterwards?
>
> Dump-edit-reload is not an option, as the database size is way to huge.. :/

Not sure you can. There's no ALTER TABLE ... RENAME CONSTRAINT command.
You might be able to do something by updating the system catalogues
directly but I'd not feel comfortable doing so without a lot of testing.

Can I ask *why* you are renaming constraints? What difference does it
make what they are called?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd