Re: Migrating a Database to a new tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Markus Schaber
Subject Re: Migrating a Database to a new tablespace
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

I now pulled the plug, migrated all databases via "create database ...
tempate olddatabase tablespace newts" to new tablespaces, one for each
database, and dropped all old databases that contained references to the
tablespace. Pgadmin3 also shows that the tablespace is not referenced by
anything.

But I cannot drop it, I get the following message:

postgres=# drop TABLESPACE foo;
ERROR:  tablespace "foo" is not empty

It seems that the whole tablespace thing is not yet 100% waterproof,
good that this did happen on a developer machine, and not on a
production machine.

Thanks for your patience,
Markus