Re: Perfrmance Problems (7.4.6) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ruben Rubio Rey
Subject Re: Perfrmance Problems (7.4.6)
Date
List pgsql-performance
I think that the problem is the GROUP BY (datetime) that is
date_trunc('hour'::text, i.entry_time)
You should create an indexe with this expression (if its possible).

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/indexes-expressional.html

If is not possible, I would create a column with value
date_trunc('hour'::text, i.entry_time) of each row and then index it.

Hope this helps :)