Re: thread hang on execute call - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From João Paulo Ribeiro
Subject Re: thread hang on execute call
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
queryto figure if the problem is db locks:<br /><br /> SELECT pg_class.relname AS table, pg_database.datname AS
database,transaction, pid, mode, granted FROM pg_locks, pg_class, pg_database WHERE pg_locks.relation = pg_class.oid
wrap="">hiagaini stuck to same problem.

i restarted my program. After 36 hour all thread got stuck with
postgresql call.
both java thread and  postgresql are stuck on recv call....i couldn't
understand whats problem.why did it happen.
threads perform database intensive operation. there more then 60000
record in table.
could you tell me if i need to do any performance tuning things. like
increasing cache size.
each postgresql process taking 21-23 MB of memory.

here is the stack trace of postgresql process.

0  0x003437a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
#1  0x00424451 in recv () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#2  0x08145aae in secure_read ()
#3  0x0814c062 in pq_recvbuf ()
#4  0x0814c121 in pq_getbyte ()
#5  0x081ad5fc in PostgresMain ()
#6  0x0818765d in ServerLoop ()
#7  0x0818904f in PostmasterMain ()
#8  0x0814dd18 in main ()

following is the stack trace of one of java thread.

Thread 618: (state = IN_NATIVE)- java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(java.io.FileDescriptor,
byte[], int, int, int) @bci=0 (Co
mpiled frame; information may be imprecise)- java.net.SocketInputStream.read(byte[], int, int) @bci=84, line=129
(Compiled frame)- java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill() @bci=175, line=218 (Compiled
frame)- java.io.BufferedInputStream.read() @bci=12, line=235 (Compiled frame)-
org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar()@bci=4, line=254 (Compiled

frame)-
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(org.postgresql.core.Query, org.postgresql.core.
ParameterList, org.postgresql.core.ResultHandler, int, int, int)
@bci=129, line=188 (Interpreted fr
ame)-
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(org.postgresql.core.Query, org.postgresql.co
re.ParameterList, int) @bci=199, line=430 (Interpreted frame)-
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(int)
@bci=14, line=346 (Compiled fr
ame)- org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute() @bci=2,
line=339 (Interpreted frame)- org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.execute() @bci=8,
line=168 (Interpreted fram
e)

class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"href="mailto:pg@fastcrypt.com"><pg@fastcrypt.com></a> writes:   </pre><blockquote
type="cite"><prewrap="">Is it possible the query does not return ? Try adding a large

areeach waiting for

input from the other ... so somebody's confused about something.

              <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://archives.postgresql.org">http://archives.postgresql.org</a>

Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Website:  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.netcore.co.in">http://www.netcore.co.in</a>
Spamtraps: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://cleanmail.netcore.co.in/directory.html">http://cleanmail.netcore.co.in/directory.html</a>

Support FAQ : <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://support.netcore.co.in/">http://support.netcore.co.in/</a>

This e-mail contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
receivedthis e-mail in error)  please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure,use or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

              <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq">http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq</a>

João Paulo Ribeiro | Senior Software Engineer
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:jp@mobicomp.com">jp@mobicomp.com</a>

PHONE: + 351 253 305 250
FAX  : + 351 253 305 250
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.mobicomp.com">www.mobicomp.com</a>

About Solutions | Wireless World

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, as well as existing attached files, is confidential and intended exclusively for
theindividual(s) named as addressees. If you are not the intended recipient, you are kindly requested not to make any
usewhatsoever of its contents and to proceed to the destruction of the message, thereby notifying the sender.

DISCLAIMER: The sender of this message can not ensure the security of its electronic transmission and consequently does
notaccept liability for any fact which may interfere with the integrity of its content.</pre>