Re: recover from base directory? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From patrick
Subject Re: recover from base directory?
Date
List pgsql-general
last day to find a solution for me - i am on the edge.

here's a resume of what i am doing. note that i don't have the global
direcotry of $PGDATA.

----------------
first of all reinstall a new hard-drive and installed the same version
of postgresql (8.0.4) with the same configuration.

now doing a initdb somewhere on the new hd.

then createdb the same database (with the same name)
so now i have a working structure (with a global dir)

now with oid2name i can find what is what in my $PGDATA/base

so now it's time to put my $BACKUP/$PGDATA/base in the new $PGDATA/base
but renaming my back-up with the new oid (only the first folder not
sub-dir.) - i don't replace template0, template1

now a cp -R $BACKUP/$PGDATA/pg_xlog $PGDATA/
now a cp -R $BACKUP/$PGDATA/pg_clog $PGDATA/

now i have to use pg_resetxlog to fit my needs. this is what i'm not
sure, i have 00000001000000000000000E and 00000001000000000000000F in
pg_xlog. what should i use as arguments to pg_resetxlog -o -x -l.

after finding the good arguments, i will be able to start postmaster and
see my tables, cause right now it's always no realtions founds no matter
my test with pg_resetxlog?

if anybody did this once, please share your knowledge i will be very
generous!

regards,
pat