Re: have you feel anything when you read this ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Eugene E.
Subject Re: have you feel anything when you read this ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Stephan Szabo wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Eugene E. wrote:
>

>>Stephan Szabo wrote:

>>>No, that is still using the textual form.  If you use PQexecParams and set
>>>the last argument to show you want binary data, you should get binary
>>>data.

ok
then i am using PQexecParams

the following tiny program shows a wonderful lameness...

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include "libpq-fe.h"

int
main (void) {  PGconn   * conn;  PGresult * res;  char     * val;  char     *   l;  int        len;

  conn = PQconnectdb("user=scott password=tiger name=test_db");
  PQexec(conn, "CREATE TABLE t (a BYTEA)");  PQexec(conn, "INSERT INTO t VALUES ('ab\\\\000cd')");

  res = PQexecParams(conn, "SELECT a,length(a) FROM t", 0, NULL, NULL,
NULL,  NULL, 1);  val = PQgetvalue(res,0,0);  l   = PQgetvalue(res,0,1);  len = PQgetlength(res,0,0);
printf("what_we_retrive='screened'its_value_length=%i but

orig_length=%s\n",len,l);
  PQclear(res);  PQfinish(conn);
  return 0; }