Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Johann Zuschlag
Subject Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hiroshi Inoue schrieb:
> Johann Zuschlag wrote:
>
>> Hiroshi Inoue schrieb:
>>

>>> Hmm utf8 code of a-umlaut seems bigger than 'z' .
>>>
>>> Well how is the result of the following(original ?) query
>>>    under default encoding ?
>>>
>>>  select name from kunde where name >= 'ö' and name <= 'öz' order by
>>> name asc;
>>>
>> ERROR:  Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not
>> supported
>

> With the default encoding(ISO-8859-1 ?) ?

Oh, I misunderstood you. Do you mean the database default encoding?
IIRC ISO-8859-1 would be equivalent to LATIN1?
I generated a new database with the same data in LATIN1:

test-latin1=# select name from kunde order by name asc;
 name
--------------
 Hühne
 Müller
 Täst
 test
 test-2
 öä-test
 öäüÖÄÜß-test
(7 Zeilen)

test-latin1=# select name from kunde where name >= 'ö' and name <= 'öz'
order by name asc;
 name
------
(0 Zeilen)

And please note the following:

test-latin1=# select name from kunde where name >= 'ö' and name <= 'ö'
order by name asc;
 name
------
(0 Zeilen)