Re: Printing query durations - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Dorne
Subject Re: Printing query durations
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> Well, the server doesn't really know the difference between a query from
> jdbc vs a query from psql.

Yes, precisely why I am confused.

> The only difference is how they connect. psql
> usually connects to a unix domain socket, whereas jdbc connects via a
> tcpip socket. Even this behaviour can be changed in psql by specifying
> -h <hostname>

Ah, I hadn't thought of that, but it made no difference.

> What is min_duration set to. Is it possible that the queries are faster
> through JDBC. Possibly because the server already has done the count?
>
> Try setting min_duration to something ridiculously small.

No, it's set to 0.  I've also tried 1, 5, and 100, to no effect.

If there really is no inherent difference between how JDBC and psql are
connecting (aside from TCP vs. unix domain socket, which doesn't seem to
make a difference), then I'm lost.

But thanks for the suggestions.

-k

Attachment